We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment and putting sustainability at the top of our agenda. We have adopted the following approach across our bar, restaurant and private dining.
- We are fully BREEAM compliant. BREEAM is an independent third party certification of the assessment of environmental, social and economic sustainability performance, using standards developed by the Building Research Establishment (BRE). BREEAM rated developments are more sustainable environments that enhance the well-being of the people who live and work in them and help protect natural resources.
- In 2019, we eliminated single use plastics from operations and introduced biodegradable alternatives.
- We use Clover Eco cleaning products which are EU Ecolabel approved and sourced from a UK supplier.
- Toilet paper is manufactured from recycled paper from FSC certified forests.
Waste and recycling
- None of the building’s daily waste goes to landfill. It is either recycled or incinerated for conversion into energy.
- 98% of rubbish is tracked and verified as being managed at best practice.
- Joint initiatives with Shakespeare’s Globe sees full streaming and recycling of glass and cardboard. Enzyme digestion is used to handle organic waste and nothing finishes in landfill.
- We recycle all glass, paper, ink/copier cartridges, batteries, light fittings, plastics, cans and food.
- All rooms have energy efficient heating and cooling systems.
- CO2 emissions are limited by optimising the use of gas and electricity. These services are reviewed bi-annually, and we’re investigating using ecological suppliers.
- LED lights with motion sensors are installed in non-meeting rooms.
- Equipment (such as photocopiers) is set to automatically standby when not in use.
- Printers are set to automatically print double-sided.
- Duty managers and the sales team use tablets for daily sheets rather than printing paper.
- All fish and seafood are MCS approved, and we only use green rated fish. All chicken, beef, lamb, and pork are Red Tractor approved.
- We only use free-range eggs.
- Our community sourcing policy means we seek out sustainable, responsible, local and regional produce to reduce food miles.
- All new starter kitchen employees receive environmental training.
- We’re always looking into future opportunities to reduce waste as new technologies are introduced.