Enjoy an enchanting traditional afternoon tea in London
Adding a theatrical twist to traditional afternoon tea in London, Swan’s 'Romeo and Juliet' afternoon tea is inspired by the beauty and lyricism of Shakespeare's great romantic tragedy.
Afternoon tea in central London for culture vultures and foodies
Are you looking for a contemporary afternoon tea near Tate Modern? Feeling hungry after a wander around Borough Market? Do you need to refuel after your tour of Shakespeare’s Globe? Book a table with us and combine your cultural and foodie expedition with the Swan at Shakespeare’s Globe afternoon tea. Literally, the icing on the cake!
The inspiration behind our Romeo and Juliet afternoon tea
- A Rose By Any Other Name – choux eclair filled with a raspberry and lychee diplomat cream, infused with rose inspired by Juliet’s musings on her love.
- Under A Medlar Tree – set cream topped with a lightly spiced pear and medlar compote, with cardamom, ginger and vanilla inspired by Mercutio’s mirth at Romeo’s unrequited love for Rosaline. He will sit under the tree and wish his mistress were a fruit.
- My True Love’s Passion – passion fruit and caramel macaron with citrus notes inspired by Juliet’s musings on her love from her balcony.
- Such Sweet Sorrow – milk chocolate and toasted hazelnut tart with a touch of sea salt as Juliet bids goodnight to her Romeo, their sorrowful parting is also sweet because they think about when they shall next see eachother again.
- Thus With A Kiss – smooth dark chocolate mousse bite infused with peppermint and wormwood with these word’s Romeo drinks the poison, kisses Juliet’s lips and dies.
Monday to Thursday 11am-11pm
Brunch (Sat/Sun only): 10am-11:45
Lunch (Mon-Sat): 12-2:30pm only
Afternoon Tea (Mon-Sun): 12-4:45pm
Dinner (Mon-Sat): 5pm-8:45pm (Sunday last sitting 6pm)
Monday to Sunday 12pm-5pm