At the heart of London’s culture scene, the South Bank offers a wide array of options for dining, entertainment, and exploration. One of the chief among them is Swan’s private dining options. These private venues combine exceptional cuisine, stunning views of South Bank attractions, and intimacy tailored to the event.
Views of Storied Sites
Located within easy walking distance from the historic London Bridge, Swan is a restaurant with menus offering delicious fare and impeccable service. The private dining rooms available for hire have outstanding views of some of London’s most famous landmarks:
- The River Thames: The longest river entirely in England and the second-longest in the United Kingdom, this river is famously tied with the history of London and all of England.
- St Paul’s Cathedral: For over 300 years, this cathedral has dominated the London Skyline. In fact, from 1710 to 1963, it was the tallest building in London. It has been the site of funeral services for history-changing British figures such as Admiral Lord Nelson, the Duke of Wellington, Margaret Thatcher, and Winston Churchill.
- The Globe Theatre: Built-in 1599 by William Shakespeare’s playing company, the Globe remains synonymous with the Bard to this day and is arguably the world’s most famous performance venue.
Rooms for Hire
Swan’s spaces for hire can accommodate from 8 to 425 guests depending on the specific room. Each is available for hire on its own, and reserving the entire venue is an option as well.
- The Balcony Room: This penthouse dining room has a balcony that overlooks the River Thames, St Paul’s Cathedral, and the Globe Theatre. Its capacity is up to 70 seated or 120 standing. There are private bathrooms and cloakrooms, there is a private bar, and the room has lift access.
- The Bull Room: With seating for up to 16 guests, this is a private dining table within the restaurant, separated from the main dining area by glass and copper doors. It has views of both the Globe Theatre and the River Thames.
- The River Room: As the name implies, this private dining area within the restaurant has excellent views of the River Thames. Glass and copper doors separate it from the main restaurant, and a light curtain is available if there is a wish for additional privacy. It can seat up to 35 guests.
- The Underglobe: Perhaps the most unique offering available, the Underglobe is the largest venue, and it resides beneath the Globe Theatre. It can accommodate 230 seated guests or 425 standing ones. There is also a private riverside entrance to this facility. This fully accessible venue has a built-in stage with theatre-quality lighting, sound, and projection.
Hire a Private Swan Venue
Whether it’s a corporate dinner, awards ceremony, major family occasion, or any other special event, Swan has an outstanding facility that will be perfect for you. Make a booking or additional enquiries today!